OK, maybe not everything, but sometimes it sure feels like it.
Livin' in the 'Copa isn't as glamorous as I know all of you were thinking.
"Wow! She must live in the most Fabulous city! I'll bet it has a Target, a mall, a movie theatre (that spelling is definitely GLAMOROUS), more than 2 grocery stores, definitely more than 4 sit-down-and-be-served restaurants, and it PROBABLY has more than 1 main road. That Chelsea sure is living in the best city in the world!"
I'm sorry, but you are wrong! Some 'Copa-ians might disagree, but there isn't much good about our city... and I'll prove it!
- We only have two grocery stores! How am I truly supposed to find the best deals with only two options?! It's STUPID!
- Our stupid city is putting in a Walmart instead of a Target! While Walmart might have better prices, I would gladly pay a little more to have a better shopping experience and Target definitely wins there. HANDS DOWN!
- There are no really good sit-down-restaurants... and I will almost ALWAYS choose the being served my food over having to carry a tray of food to my table. Trays make my food taste gross- I know- I'm a food SNOB.
- There are abandoned houses EVERYWHERE! It just seems so ghetto and trashy. Or maybe those people are smarter than me for just getting out of the 'Copa. I guess I haven't decided yet.
- There are so many more things that I don't like about the 'Copa but I'm starting to feel depressed thinking about it, and I can face the truth- I'm stuck here for a while. But the absolute WORST part about Livin' in the 'Copa is that I live an hour away from my wonderful and fabulous sisters and mom. Blah, Blah, Blah I know I'm actually lucky to live so close when most people don't even live in the same state as their family Blah, Blah. But you know what... I want to live closer. I want to be able to leave my house without luggage. I want it to be practical for them to call me an hour before a 'hang out' and for me to get there in time!
A few weeks all the sisters except me got together to make these felt bats from our Mom's blog. Kelli posted pictures of her cute bats and the pumpkins she felt inspired to make. I missed them when they called me to tell me they were all hanging out that night. But when I read about it today, I hated the 'Copa for what it has turned me into. A home-body.
So I have written this letter to the 'Copa:
I Hate You!
I hate that you make me miss my sisters and projects with them. Yes, I do still see the sisters a few times per week, but it could be more. You made me miss out on making my Mom's felt bats with them; even though I had already finished making my bats before the aforementioned 'bat making hang out'. But that isn't the point! But aren't they cute? I made mine out of black sparkly material I had made capes out of for our space party in March, and I painted their faces.
'Copa- if I could I'd leave you. Luckily for you, I do like my ward and my friends in my ward a lot.
'Copa- I'll never stay with you forever...
It's not me, it's you.